With October coming to an end, that means my birthday was on its way. Friday night, I got together with some of my very best girlfriends to celebrate. We met for dinner and drinks at Due & Proper, the newest restaurant at The District.
After a variety of yummy appetizers & entrees, we drove to New York, New York to see the Cirque du Soleil show, Zumanity. It was a first for all of us, and not what we expected, but amazing just the same - we laughed until our cheeks hurt and couldn't breathe!
After the show, we spent a couple of hours at the dueling piano bar, Bar at Times Square, drinking and dancing into the night. A big thanks to Gab for arranging the perfect night to celebrate my 27th birthday, my girls are the best!
I spent Saturday with Josh & the kids enjoying the beautiful weather shopping around Town Square - Josh got me a new iPhone 6 (thanks babe!). After the kids were worn out, we all went home and napped. That evening, the kids spent the night with Grammy & Pops while Josh and I got a night out. We started our evening at Hugo's Cellar at the Four Queens downtown - I have absolutely nothing bad to say about our experience, from the wine to the food to the service, everything was impeccable.
After dinner, we changed into our Halloween costumes and made our way to The Paul's annual Halloween party. This year Josh made the final decision on our couples costume... Cheech & Chong ;)
MJ brought Waylon with, and I couldn't help myself... I just love witto babies!
Of course, no one showed without a costume on... I love our friends!
On Sunday, my actual birthday, we had family brunch to celebrate, not just mine, but my Dad's birthday, too. We tried a new place by the house, Baby Stacks, and it was super yummy - they're known for their specialty pancakes, I got a "banana creme pie" stack.
When Crystal told me she had my birthday open all day, it was a sign that it was finally time to get my "kids" tattoo done. On the way to her shop, Aged In Oak, Caedyn fell asleep, and after being brought inside she slept through my whole appointment. I gave Crystal an idea of what I wanted and left the rest up to her - she's so amazingly creative that I knew whatever she came up with would be perfect, and I couldn't be happier with the end result!
We spent Sunday evening at the Wait's place, BBQing while the kids played. Livio pulled out giant sparklers for some adult fun, but once Cooper saw them, he wanted in on the action too.
Monday evening, we finally got around to doing cake - my mom made me a strawberry soda cake, my very very favorite that my Grandma Lillie used to make for me.




























No comments:
Post a Comment